Friday, April 29, 2016

Rocky Mountain Audio Fest 2016




As I mentioned in my previous post, I will be attending Rocky Mountain Audio Fest this year in October. This will be my first time attending it, and I'm pretty dang excited to go. I hope to see lots of good equipment shown off there and maybe even meet some of my favorite people in the hi-fi community.

Some of the equipment I will want to check out will include turntables, preamplifiers, power amplifiers, integrated amplifiers, speakers, and possibly CD/SACD players. Hopefully I will come across a lot of things with innovative technology. VPI Industries is definitely a company I have high regards for, and they pretty much reinvented a lot of aspects of turntables. VPI turntables typically have uni-pivot tonearms that are made of extremely rigid material to pretty much eliminate resonance so there is no added color to the sound. You may as well not even call it a tonearm because there's pretty much no tone! It's more or less passive and it is absolutely amazing!

With that said, the show should be a fun experience overall. I will discover a lot of good companies and equipment I have never even heard of before, and I will be exposed to new things that I am sure to find incredible. Maybe I could even take advantage of the discounted show prices.

No comments:

Post a Comment